dst. (km) Today 0 Trip 2711.2
In the morning I walked up the hill and around the castle and fortifications, everything was all very wet and green, water dripping out of stone ceilings, moss growing everywhere.
I was sitting and thinking of all the little things I’ve seen, things I probably haven’t written down, things I’ll probably forget…
- the goat giving birth in the pouring rain, with the farmer standing by.
- the giant slug on the road
- the little boy on a bike that I raced in Portugal
- the storks, the little snake crossing the road, the road-kill toads and owls.
- the lack of public toilets, and subsequent piles of shit and paper at every castle and monument through the country
- the amazing number of monastries and convents, had me wondering how many people lived outside of them!