Thu, 31 May 2007

F3JR // at 17:10

Checking on drivers from http://support.asus.com/

BIOS
203 453.17kB
Audio
V6.0.1.5334
LAN
V6.186.1103.2006
Modem
M:V1.8_D:V6.11.13.1
TouchPad
V9.1.5.0 11.32M
Wireless
V10.6.0.46 3.61M
Video
V8.33 CCC 113.8M

What on earth is there in a video driver that makes it 113M in size!

Installed drivers

Video

ATI Mobility Radeon X2300

  8.33-061220-040818
  2D — 7.01.01.569
  3D — 7.14.10.0464

Sun, 15 Apr 2007

speedstream // at 13:08

Required a full reset while the Bigpond staff were helping me get the Vista laptop to use the Wifi, so had to reconfigure all my settings.

Dynamic DNS support

From the main screen: Gateway, ISP Connection, Advanced settings, Set up Dynamic DNS, then:

  • enable
  • Service username: ajft
  • Service password:
  • Host name 1: millpond.dyndns.org

and then Apply

Port exceptions

From the main screen: Gateway, Security, Address Translation, Port By-pass configuration, then:

  • TCP, Port 15998, fafnir's internal IP

Firewall

Security, Firewall Level Configuration

  • Low

Sat, 03 Mar 2007

Garmin Edge 305 // at 11:30

Soft reset: Press mode and lap/reset at the same time.

Hard reset: While the unit is off, press mode while pressing the power button. You should be asked if you want to erase all user data. Select Yes.

2006-Apr-03: Telephoned GME and they didn't sound at all helpful, "Its a new device and we've only had them for a while, send it in and we'll have a look at it"

A few minutes later I found out that a newer release of the software is available, so I've updated it from version 2.30 to 2.40.

2007-Jan-05: Oh yay, went over a speed-hump coming into Monash and the Edge popped out of the bracket, hit the road and cracked the display in half diagonally. Seems that the handlebar bracket is broken and won't grip the unit properly.

Called up GME (Australian support staff for Garmin) and I have to post the unit off to Sydney to be repaired.

2007-Jan-23: Rang up the Melbourne office of GME to get the phone number for the Sydney office of GME to find out what has happened to my Edge. "It couldn't be repaired so we're waiting for a replacement unit". Nice of them to call me and tell me, but that would be customer service and apparently that just isn't done!

2007-Feb-12: Posted off the broken mounting bracket to GME in Dandenong South to be replaced, and asked whether I can get a third bracket for the third bike. Australia Post charged $3.85 for the tiny little plastic bracket since it is too thick to fit through the letter sorter!

2007-Apr-16: Called up GME to politely enquire what has happened to the bracket. Seems that it had been buried somewhere with their returns. New brackets can be bought as "MKT64" for $20 from any seller of the Edge 305, the replacement broken one will be posted to me today.

GPSbabel

Seem to need to remove the module garmin_gps, with /sbin/rmmod.

Example commands to read the data from the Edge:

sudo gpsbabel -t -r -w -i garmin -f usb: -o kml -F 20070305.kml
sudo gpsbabel -t -r -w -i garmin -f usb: -o gpx -F 20070305.gpx

Made with PyBlosxom