@ Adrian Tritschler · Wednesday, Aug 15, 2001 · 1 minute read · Update at Aug 15, 2001 ·
Five o’clock in the evening, just about to leave and there’s a phone call; ITS-CAUL1 has stopped responding on one of its interfaces and the switch is reporting more errors on that port than for most other ports at the Uni. A little digging by myself and Biggles and mysteriously it appears that the switch has been changed from 100M full duplex to autoconfigure, which never does.
Adrian Tritschler's stuff
My website, an agglomerative mess, probably half-eaten by a gru
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.