@ Adrian Tritschler · Monday, Oct 25, 2004 · 1 minute read · Update at Oct 25, 2004 ·
I’ve found a way to convert the TIFF files into JPEGs. Squirrelled away on the PC that does the scanning in our student labs is some HP scanning software that allows you to convert from one format to another, pity that the universally usable one isn’t the default! The first four are from September last year, I know that two were picked up on , I guess the other two were earlier when I was in Switzerland! So here’s the start of another project — the scanning of the big box ‘o postcards…
Adrian Tritschler's stuff
My website, an agglomerative mess, probably half-eaten by a gru
Vanity site? Technology experiment? Learning tool? Blog? Journal? Diary? Photo album? I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you…
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Its all been here a fairly long time. Like the papers on my desk, or the books on the bedside table, the pile just grew… and it all grew without much plan or structure. I try not to break URLs, so historical oddities abound.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried PHP, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on Emacs Org mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is Org mode and hugo.