@ Adrian Tritschler · Monday, Jun 5, 2006 · 1 minute read · Update at Jun 5, 2006 ·
After a few years of procrastinating I’ve finally gone and changed the look of this site. At least, some of the pages have changed, due the incomprehensibly ad-hoc way in which it is all generated and hangs together, some have the new look and some have the old.
Adrian Tritschler's stuff
My website, an agglomerative mess, probably half-eaten by a gru
Vanity site? Technology experiment? Learning tool? Blog? Journal? Diary? Photo album? I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you…
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Its all been here a fairly long time. Like the papers on my desk, or the books on the bedside table, the pile just grew… and it all grew without much plan or structure. I try not to break URLs, so historical oddities abound.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried PHP, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on Emacs Org mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is Org mode and hugo.