Is it my suspicious mind, or does the following Flickr Mail seem a little bit dodgy?
In a dutch magazine we would like to publish your photo of the ambulance in victoria. You have it verry small online, is it possible to send me a large size of the photo. We would like to publish it on 20cm wide. So we need it verry large. We can offer you a fee of 50,- euro for the photo.
You can contact me on my e-mail: X.XXXXX@gmail.com
We do need it on wednsday or thursday 29 may at the latest, so I hope you can answer me quickly.
Best regards, XXXXX XXXXXX
Seems to me that:
- there’s no mention of which photo they’re referring to (there is one that matches, but any search on http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ambulance/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/victoria/ would find it)
- there’s no mention of which magazine it’ll be published in
- the “we need it verry large” sounds a little simplistic, rather than “we need at least X pixels wide”
- there’s only a generic gmail address to respond to
- there’s a sudden urgency to make me respond quickly
- there’s no mention of how they’ll pay
Or do I just have a suspicious mind?