@ Adrian Tritschler · Friday, Feb 22, 2019 · 1 minute read · Update at Feb 22, 2019 ·
Since I’ve had references to http://geourl.org to locate resources, alas, sometime while I wasn’t watching that site has vanished and so none of the links will work.
All through my blog posts are entries with latitudes and longitudes, many of them not visible once it is processed through Org mode and hugo, but some are. A brief bit of reading h-adr on the microformats website and some updated macros, then a republishing and blog regeneration and I think I’ve now got valid microformat location information embdedded in pages.
Adrian Tritschler's stuff
My website, an agglomerative mess, probably half-eaten by a gru
Vanity site? Technology experiment? Learning tool? Blog? Journal? Diary? Photo album? I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you…
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Its all been here a fairly long time. Like the papers on my desk, or the books on the bedside table, the pile just grew… and it all grew without much plan or structure. I try not to break URLs, so historical oddities abound.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried PHP, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on Emacs Org mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is Org mode and hugo.