After much scratching of head and pulling of hair, I think I’ve got blogmax mostly working using a 3 column style sheet. Ugliness still abounds, but with changes to the elisp code, the templates, and the stylesheets, I think I’m getting there.
Work, stunnel To avoid some of the problems with the current web proxy configuration there’s a proposal to tunnel the HTTP traffic from client machines to the proxy servers.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.