Something seems odd with Muse and Blosxom, either I’m not using it right or I’ve found myself a bug.
I’ve got Muse configured so that all *.muse files in an arbitray directory structure are recognised, then published into *.txt files for Blosxom to find. I then have pyblosxom generate *.html and indexes, or at least that’s the intention. What I’ve found so far is that:
Muse publishes $HOME/muse/abc.muse to $HOME/blosxom/abc.
End of the day, a hot windy day. All manner of nagging small items lurk in the background to annoy me.
I’ve nearly got Muse and Blosxom to where I could change over to them, except for the odd double-publishing problem – and I don’t know whether it’s a bug or operator error. The Edge305 GPS hung this afternoon, first time in months. Maybe I left it plugged into the USB cable when I rebooted the PC, that always seemed to kill it when it was new and running its older software.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.