While the sane world specifies dates in the form dd/mm/yyyy, with the units going from small-medium-large, the Americans insist on specifying their dates as mm/dd/yyyy, so medium-small-large. Sometimes I realise while I’m reading a date, sometimes I don’t, sometimes it takes too long to sort it out, especially when it comes from some non-American company who wouldn’t normally use the US format, but they’re using some software that does it for them.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.