Time to rearrange a few partitions on wyvern. Three hard disks — all nearly full! I thought I’d use the spare 6G on hda and try installing an extra OS… stupidly forgetting that lilo is writing to hda2. All was well until I restarted… Oops! Do you think I can find a rescue floppy anywhere around here…
dsk size hda 10G hdb 6G hdc 20G
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.