Brrrr! Seven degrees and it feels like its going to snow.
Work work work…
Our NDS is growing and slowing, we’re using new features on top of old hardware, more features on top of old software.
The eDirectory Workstation objects keep a history of users who login to them, in a student environment this grows and grows.
Mr JRB’s SETNAME is going into the weekly cleanup, with a:
SETNAME * /o=Workstation /a=WM:User_History /d /x
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.