Three dud floppy disks and one good one, a quick download of the Debian rescue image — mine seems to have vanished — and finally wyvern is back on the air. In the future I must remember to get these sorted out before fiddling around with partitioning!
Boot off the rescue floppy, rescue root=/dev/hdc1, login and run lilo, logout and restart. Back to where I was on Saturday morning…
circle has been giving me grief on the Debian unstable.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.