Adrian Tritschler's stuff
My website, an agglomerative mess, probably half-eaten by a grue
This has been nagging me on and off for ages and I never got around to fixing it properly – how to correctly get the Org mode table formula to sum the monthly total and year-to-date total of my rainfall recordings. I’d been semi-automatically copy/pasting it for far too many years, but finally got around to reading fully how to reference rows, columns and specify ranges in the TBLFM:
There’s not much more I can add to who I am.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Its all been here a fairly long time. Like the papers on my desk, or the books on the bedside table, the pile just grew… and it all grew without much plan or structure. I try not to break URLs, so historical oddities abound.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried PHP, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on Emacs Org mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is Org mode and hugo.