I’d bookmarked this one a few weeks ago, a tutorial on using MathJax to embed equations in pages. Some playing around and I found the correct level of escapes needed to get the MathJax code through the Org mode interpretation into the markdown intermediary, and then fed into hugo. The inline code in the Org mode source needs to be opened by two backslashes and a left brace, and then closed by two backslashes and and a right brace.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.