Some time in the second half of last year we realised that number one son really had outgrown his 24" bike, the seat was up as high as it would go and his knees were wobbling wildly out to the sides. Upgrade time it was. Trouble is, he’s just as likely to shoot up in height in the next year or so and make any newly purchased 26" bike undersize, so with a definite “Aha!
One of the bicycles I’ve owned over the years.
The above was said with great feeling. After spending a few weeks chasing up the “lifetime warranty” – in vain – of my Technicomps mountain bike after it failed and eventually giving up, shortly after purchasing Norky Bike (tm), one of the ex-partners of Technicomps Australia offered me an exchage frame at cost price. I took him up on the deal with the intention of rebuilding Spotty on the new frame – precisely what I’ll do with two mountain bikes I don’t know.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.