This was my original PC-clone computer after I managed to put off getting on the IBM/x86 PC hardware treadmill for as long as possible. I ignored them all, from the 8088 and 8086, through the 286s and 386s up to the mighty 80486. I finally succumbed and wyvern’s first incarnation was a P100 — yes, a 100MHz Pentium. At some point in the late 1990s this was replaced by a PII system of the same name.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.