Browsing through the recent photos on Fotothing and I came across some pictures of tropical aquarium fish. Beautiful as always, but annoyingly unlabelled, so the curious viewer is left not knowing what they are. Reminded me of fish I used to keep, then of other pets I’ve had over the years.
The loach, sold to me as a Javanese Weather Loach, it always sounded so exotic in there with the goldfish.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.