Oddness. Placing my mouth to the information firehose for a daily catchup via google reader there’s two mentions of pumpkin in two adjacent items — not quite adjacent, I think there were three not-so-interesting ones in between. Norman Walsh plays with Ajax and on his demo portal the first twittering is:
mattb: apparently the UK is experiencing a severe pumpkin shortage due to recent weather. what will we do? (about 8 hours ago)
It was with great ceremony, and a deal of uncertainty, that I walked around and around the 2006 Mill road pumpkin crop (all one pumpkin of it), large knife in hand and contemplative expression on my face….
The 2006 pumpkin crop is prepared for the pot Self-sown from seeds we must have thrown into the compost bin, I think its the most successful piece of home-grown produce we’ve had out of the garden in almost two years.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.