I got to Kay & Burton’s office at 9:30 am since the letter from them stated that the keys must be returned by 10 am. Discovered that the office isn’t open on a Sunday until 10:00 am, so I had breakfast first and then dropped keys and papers off at 10:45 am. Justin – the agent – is on the desk and states that the final inspection will be done tomorrow – monday – and that my bond should probably then be deposited into my account on Monday or Tuesday.
paid Kay & Burton $694 rent from work. Receipt no. #380753 phoned to check up on how I must notify them I’m ending my lease – fax is fine, 28 days notice is required. faxed in a letter letting Kay & Burton know that I’ll be leaving on the 16th of April
A long chunk of ceiling cornice was hanging down about a metre when I got home this afternoon – a 3m length in the loungeroom that has had a slow growing crack for months. Wrote out a repair sheet and added – again – the outside gate and leaky bathroom, and mentioned the broken hallway lights – the timeclock is stuffed and the upstairs bulbs haven’t worked for a month. I tried to hand deliver it to Kay and Burton thinking they were open till 6 pm, found they were already closed and slid it under the door around 5 pm.
I paid Kay & Burton $694 rent via the rent card, receipt #896051. I wish there was some way to get a balance! Also telephoned Kay & Burton during the week and asked again what is going on about repairing the roof since there’ve been a couple of days recently when the rain leaks in.
I’m still trying to get the leaking ceiling in my flat repaired.
Alison from Kay & Burton called me at work to explain that it was “very complicated” since the body corporate look after the roof and any repairs have to be okayed by them. In her words, “It might take a little while, I’ll be in touch.”
I arrived home shortly after it had finished raining to discover that there is water running in through the ceiling and down the wall in the bathroom. As there has been no action at all from Alison at Kay & Burton since last week when she assured me that she would contact the Body Corporate and arrange for a tradesman to attend to it “that afternoon”, I wrote a letter asking that it be repaired.
$800 rent, what a production! “The computer” still lists my rent as being either $250 or $270 a month! Kay & Burton cannot work out what I owe them, again it was up to me to tell them what I thought the rent was! Last month’s $594+$62 was completely wrong, the $594 that I guessed was out by $100, the $62 calculated by Kay & Burton that was supposed to round it off to the end of the month was completely wrong.
Called Alison at Kay & Burton again since she didn’t call me back last time, apparently something was “miss-keyed” on my rent-card application so I now have to give them all the information again. Why can’t what I’ve already given them be “re-keyed”?
I also reported that during the rain last night and this morning water was pouring in through the ceiling in the bathroom and out through the shower. I was unable to use the shower.
Paid Kay & Burton $656 rent for [1999-01-19 Tue] to [1999-02-28 Sun] – a weird amount calculated to get to end of February – however the computer showed that I owed only around $270 per month rent! The girl at the desk couldn’t find the real rent and I guessed (incorrectly) that it was $594 per month, plus the balance to get to the end of the month.
My rent card still doesn’t work
Paid Kay & Burton $694 rent – for [1998-12-19 Sat] to [1999-01-19 Tue] – the computer records still show that I’m at 4/42 rather than 5/42. Kay & Burton updated the records and told me I would be issued with a new receipt for the bond….
…I never received a replacement receipt.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.