The mystery is partially solved…
Convinced that my finger couldn’t possibly have shrunk in the past two weeks, I ventured in to the city to visit the jewellers and ask them why my wedding ring is falling off. The ring was checked against the order form, tick, no problem. The finger was re-measured, uh-oh… It seems that somehow my finger was measured as a “P” but this was then transcribed somewhere as an “R” — two sizes larger.
Tick — another step complete. A wedding ring has been found. Much laughter ensued at the sight of numerous the One Ring(s) in the jewellery shop though, looking very much the production-line item, with cheap stamped elvish characters almost large enough to have been written by crayon.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.