Meandering back along the coast from Inverloch to Melbourne we stopped in at a few of the lookouts and went exploring the cliffs and rockpools. The two most interesting finds of the day were:
A four-sided starfish! In amongst a myriad of small, green, pentagonal starfish, I found a mutant square one. A greenish weedy looking seaslug thingy, about 15cm long. When poked with a stick it squirted purple dye at us, then wriggled around across the pool.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.