Redid some of the PHP that generates my photo albums last night, the handling of folders for the scanned APS films was giving me grief. Needed to regenerate some thumbnails as well. As a result, all sorts of folders have been touched and old folders stirred up to the top of the most recent list.
I still need to change the annotations to read from an RDF file, then I’ll need to move all the existing textual descriptions into RDF…
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.