Some fiddling about over Saturday as we assembled the trailgator and got his 16" bike attached successfully to my MTB. A bit of extra fun ensued as the ancient seat post bolt on my bike had seized good and proper, no amount of swearing cursing or straining would shift it, a little extra from the brute squad and a loud snap as the bolt sheared in half. A spare was located in the great box ‘o bits in the shed.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.