Yesterday for the first time in ages I took a look at a video from the Cycliq Fly12 – I wanted to see what the grid-locked traffic looked like. As usual, I did it through the USB connection since I’ve found the Android app to be barely usable for connecting to the device, let along trying to view any video. Watching the video I realised it was still set to GMT+11 so the timestamps were an hour out.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.