Stumbled over a pointer to running microk8s on a cluster of raspberry pi systems and it looked interesting – probably about time I got a bit of hands-on experience with kubernetes. No handy rpi system at the moment so I installed it on the ubuntu box and started working my way through very basic “Getting started” info at https://microk8s.io/docs.
Can’t seem to get it to work. It installs, but the basic first set of tasks fails at:
OK, I think I broke it. Too much reliance on zfs being the fix for cheap componentry and haphazard procedures.
The home PC has an SSD boot drive and a zpool made of three disks – a 2x1TB mirror and 1x3TB, it was supposed to be four disks but the cabling and power supply never let me add the mirror disk to the second vdev. Backup is through the Ubuntu backup program, to an external USB drive.
I experiment. I play. I write and I take pictures. Some of the site is organised around topics, other parts are organized by date, then there’s always the cross-references between them.
Long ago it started as a learning experiment with a few static HTML pages, then I added a bit of server-side includes and some very ugly PHP. A hand-built journal/blog on top of that PHP, then a few experiments in moving to various static publishing systems. I’ve never wanted a database-based blogging engine, so over the years I’ve tried php, nanoblogger, emacs-muse, silkpage and docbook before settling on emacs org-mode for writing and jekyll for publishing. But the itch remained… I never really liked jekyll and the ruby underneath always seemed so much black magic. So now the latest incarnation is org-mode and hugo.